OVERVIEW AND EXPERIENCE
Benjamin Russell was born in New York, New York and was raised in nearby Englewood, New Jersey. He attended Tulane University, graduating cum laude in 2017 with a B.A. in Political Science. Following his acceptance into the accelerated 3/3 program, Ben matriculated to Tulane Law School in 2016 and graduated in 2019.
While at Tulane, Ben was a two-year member of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration team and competed at moot court competitions in New York, Chicago, and Hong Kong, frequently arguing against international teams. He also competed in the Tulane Intraschool Moot Court competitions, placing runner up in the 2017 Junior Appellate Competition, and runner up in the 2018 Senior Vis Competition, earning himself a place on the coveted Tulane Moot Court Marbles.
In his free time, Ben pursues his love of music and can be found frequently sitting in at venues across New Orleans’ jazz scene. Ben is licensed to practice in all Louisiana state courts.
- Property and Automobile Insurance Casualty Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- General Civil Litigation
- Tulane University, B.A., cum laude, 2017
- Tulane Law School, J.D., 2019
- The Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- The Louisiana Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit